Norm Maracle der im Jahr 1998 mit den Detroit Red Wings den Stanley Cup gewann,
spielte bereits in Rußland, Slowenien, bei den Iserlohn Roosters, den Kölner Haien
und ist zur Saison 2010/2011 ganz überraschend zu den Starbulls Rosenheim in die 2. Eishockey Bundesliga gewechselt.
Die Eishockeyexperten und die Zeitschrift Eishockey NEWS haben den Kanadier und Publikumsliebling in Rosenheim zum Besten Spieler der 2. Eishockey Bundesliga gewählt. Wir haben Norm bereits Anfang der Saison nach seinem Wechsel zu den Starbulls interviewt.
1. You've been around quite a lot, and have now landed in Bavaria. How do you like it in Rosenheim?
I really like it here. The countryside is one of the most beautiful i have seen. I love the mountains around and the people are also really nice.
2. How did the move to Rosenheim come about? What were the decisive reasons for you moving to the 2nd Division of the Federal Ice Hockey League in Bavaria?
Franz´s stepson Gerrit called me and asked if i would be interested in coming to Rosenheim. It was an easy decision because my wife is german and we rather stay in Germany. Anyways a happy wife is a happy life! J
3.Why don't you play in Rosenheim with the number 74 on your jersey?
My 2nd Year in Iserlohn and my time in Slovenija was not good so i decided to go back to #34. Most of the time before i had it and i played well with that number. I took this number when i was younger because of the christmas movie “Miracle on 34th street”.
4. What do you think of the standard in the 2nd Division of the Federal Ice Hockey League?
I think its a good league, there are a lot of good players here.
5. What are your plans for the future? Are you and your family perhaps going to stay in Bavaria or do you feel the urge to return to Canada?
I would like to play hockey for a few more years. But where we are going to be after that I have not thought about yet.
6. What is your personal objective and how long do you still want to play icehockey?
As long as i can stop some pucks and get a contract i would like to play hockey.
7. What is the organization like at the Rosenheim Starbulls?
Its very organized here. Its a good place to play. They take care of their players.
8. Have you learned a bit of German in the past few years?
Klar! J Ein bisschen... but i should know more then what i do. I am planing on taking lessons here to learn it.
We would like to thank you for the interview and wish you and your family all the very best, good health and much success.